Are there any good flip phones?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are there any good flip phones?

Are there any good flip phones?

hi

i have been using slides for a while and have been wondering if there are any good flip phones out there. i have seen the blackberry 8220 but i am not sure what the video is like.

i have the lg secret but the touch screen part of it keeps sending me online by mistake. i want a flip because i like them better. i had the samsung e770 which was good but the video wasnt great.

what i want is a flip phone with a good camera and good video capture. one that can do vga maybe.

are there any newesh ones out there at the moment?

any ideas would be great.

regards

Chrisc

loads of great flip phones from japan.

Phone
    Galaxy SII
    Network
    Three UK
    I love flip phones but there hasn't really been any for ages. If you can find one try the Samsung G400.

thanks guys.

i have had a look at the g400 but i wasnt to impressed with the video. also i am trying to stay away from touch screen.

i couldnt really find any flips with vga video on them.

i think i will have to look at getting a slide instead.

the only flip thats got my interested at the moment is the blackberry 8220 but i have a feeling that the camera is a bit naff.

there are a few slides which look good but there seams to be a lot of touch screen phones about.

any more suggestions about the flips would be good. i am willing to have naff video as long as the camera is good.

chrisc

Phone
    nokia n86
    how about the SE Bravia? dunno its status...and if you can get one in japan...

Phone
    iPhone 5 White
    As much as I love the TS phones I kind of wish clamshells had taken off here like they did in Asia. I love those Sony Bravia ones in Japan.

Phone
    N97 Mini E75 E71 N95 Luna Zn5
    Network
    AT&T
    Unfortunately, clamshells have taken a back seat to all the sliders, TS candy bars, & TS+QWERTY devices.

It's too bad as I was hoping that Motorola was going to release the Motorola Ruby, as it is a very sharp looking device, & while it may not running a smart OS, or have today's best features, it would have been great as a daily use mobile.

Here's a vid of what it would've looked like. Who knows?, the vid was dated on April 28th of this year, so it might be a possibility...albeit a remote one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1P2RIzR-ZQ

that looks like a really nice phone. a bit like the g400. which i am finding it hard to find anywhere.

there have been some nokias and the balckberry but none of them have the same spec as the latest slide/candy/touch.

i wish they would do the flips again.

the wierd thing is i see flips alot in tv shows like V and the mentalist.

maybe they might start doing them again.

heres hoping.

chrisc

after 4 days of looking on the internet i havent been able to find a newish flip phone that has a good camera and video. i have even been looking at the older model but the best i could find was qvga video record.

again i am thinking that i might have to start looking at the slides.

if any one knows of any flip phone from any time that does vga video and isnt to big then let me know.

i know that nokia did two flips that did really good video but i think they are to big for me.

any ideas would be good.

chrisc

+ Reply to Thread