Results 2,351 to 2,400 of 5737

Thread: Nokia N8 officially announced

28mm wide angle lens explained....

http://mynokiablog.com/2010/06/03/be...ken-by-iphone/

Trusted Member
    Phone
    Nokia 808 PureView
    nice article VSOP. Thanks for sharing.

Having N86 I don't know what to think of this "wide angle". On one side it does capture larger footprint/environment, on the other side you need to "squeeze" more things into same image format (image physical dimensions) so everything appears smaller (comparing to non wide angle lens)...

Take the picture above for instance: your 28mm image will not look like that image suggests, more like everything will be shrank to fit 35mm (blue frame, as that's the image physical size/resolution). So people will appear smaller, and when you zoom-in, you'll get pixelation sooner than non 28mm

EDIT: Like here:

Cheers,
    Miki
    Last edited by miki69; 03-06-2010 at 13:59.

Trusted Member
    To be honest, as long as the N8 performs on par with the fantastic Satio, I'll be happy with its camera. Man, the camera on that phone almost made up for the rest of it. Best I've ever had.

Trusted Member
    Phone
    Nokia 808 PureView
    I could say pretty much same thing about N86

Trusted Member
    Meh. The N86 was nowhere near as fast as the Satio's camera. Daylight results are decent though.

Trusted Member
    Phone
    Nokia 808 PureView
    I don't know about the speed, but N86 does produce splendid images in day/low light (without flash). It does lack Xenon for sure, other than that - top!

I've posted some images from my OVI albums here:
    http://forum2.mobile-review.com/show...859#post865859

and here (full size):
    http://forum2.mobile-review.com/show...postcount=1822
    http://forum2.mobile-review.com/show...postcount=1840
    http://forum2.mobile-review.com/show...postcount=1797

Cheers,
    Miki

Trusted Member
    MR Friend

Phone
    IP5s & IP4
    Is it correct that the date this phone comes to market has been bought forward?

Trusted Member
    Phone
    Nokia 808 PureView
    still nothing more than speculations I'm affraid

Phone
    desire, n82, pre plus
    Network
    GLOBUL
    interesting that original accessories for n8 will be out in a few days

Trusted Member
    Perhaps that's because apparently in Nokia's original plans, the N8 would be on sale by now. But of course the delay happened.

Licensed to Flaunt
    Phone
    Nokia N9 <3
    Nokia CC-1005 Silicone Case For N8 /Black

Looks like they forget to have hole for mic on side of the camera.

not applicable
    Last edited by AlphaEdge; 24-06-2010 at 18:24.

New ovi store looks nice. I wonder if it will bring more quality apps like gravity with it tho.

Intellect & romance over brute force & cynicism Dr Tran's Avatar
    Phone
    Nokia 808 Pureview
    Network
    AT&T
    I hope they converted Ovi Store from WRT to Qt. It would really speed it up.

Phone
    n80,n95,n96,n85 n86,n8orange
    Network
    starhub
    guys,i dont get it,i thought every n series support ovi store??

u mean initially n8 dont support??

Phone
    n80,n95,n96,n85 n86,n8orange
    Network
    starhub
    from gsm

* Damian Dinning

> In reply to josh @ 2010-06-03 02:11 from 2CEt
    Yes there is a separate setting in the camera settings to disable the shutter sound, although I personally quite like the new one :-)
    Video stabilisation is provided but not image stabilisation. If you are using the xenon flash it freezes the subject so the need for it is removed. Bear in mind btw that stabilsation is not the perfect solution with flash off usage because it only provides protection against camera moevement, it doesn't protect against subject movement. Of course if you are shooting subjects/scene which are static then stabilisation can be of use depending on the light level.

Trusted Member
    Phone
    Nokia 808 PureView
    Quote Originally Posted by domphua
    guys,i dont get it,i thought every n series support ovi store??
    Of course, with N8 they introduced Ovi Store v2.0 whatever that means. Kind of promotion, nothing else.

As for Damian reply - I guess we'll have to use manual image stabilization method ehh steady hands

Cheers,
    Miki

Or a tripod like nokia used

Trusted Member
    Phone
    Nokia 808 PureView
    yeap, but kinda kills very idea of mobility

Phone
    N86 8MP White
    what happen with Nokia Conversations videos 2 and 3? They said this week, but still nothing!

Trusted Member
    Phone
    Nokia 808 PureView
    I believe they're making new videos as initial one received a lot of criticism of being lame/boring, quite many people were disappointed with it.

Cheers,
    Miki

Phone
    n8
    MOAR! hxxp://bit.ly/cDtIIo nice sunset (Short url, had to hide the original url because of the 15 post count)
    Pictures are from mid of May, might already have been posted here...

I've contacted the user and asked whether he/she can provide the full size version of the photographs. They *are* on flickr, but flickr will only let you access the resized versions unless you buy a pro account. :/

Phone
    HTC Desire Z

Trusted Member
    More 3D racing games on N8 this time from Gameloft http://www.finestfones.com/2010/06/g...-nokia-n8.html

Those pictures are pretty good. Shame we can't get the full size though.

Phone
    Nokia N86 8MP + Neonode N2
    Gameloft releases his games first to Java or iPhone. Android, Palm Pre and Samsnung Wave users, and may be N8 users only get the old stuff at the moment like this stupid old game Asphalt 5.

Maybesome will think that the game is good, but iPhone/iPod Touch user have seen much beter games, like GT Motor Academy or Need For Speed Shift.

Phone
    HTC Desire Z
    Quote Originally Posted by djmuzi View Post
    Gameloft releases his games first to Java or iPhone. Android, Palm Pre and Samsnung Wave users, and may be N8 users only get the old stuff at the moment like this stupid old game Asphalt 5.

Maybesome will think that the game is good, but iPhone/iPod Touch user have seen much beter games, like GT Motor Academy or Need For Speed Shift.
    EA already gave us a preview of NFS Shift on n8/symbian^3.

Phone
    Nokia N86 8MP + Neonode N2
    There were a lot of Previews for Samsung Wave too, like NFS Shift and Resident Evil 4, but this games are still not available. And till end of Aufgust/ September NFS Shift will be quite old too.

Don't understandt me wrong, I wish the best for the N8

But I can understand Gameloft too thet they release their great 3D games first on that Platform where the big money is: iPhone

Phone
    Lost faith in Nokia
    Network
    vodafone
    Quote Originally Posted by djmuzi

it takes time. This is new begining for nokia, the first correct touch symbian (s60v5 was crap IMO)

Remember, there was no app store with iphone 2G. The app store kicked in much later after the availability of iphone 3G..
    So yeh, it takes time.

Phone
    soon... Acer Liquid
    Network
    I would love an iPhone 4 donation :)
    Those games I´ve seen on "N8" are even slower or at same speed as on my i8910 and for a new 2010 phone they are everything but smooth. All of them run @15fps at most and if they are supposed to be like that they are far from fine.

I expect A LOT more from Nokia. Fine, S^3 might be a breakthru on the background (code) but the overall UI + speed on games (at this moment, I have to add) are extremely poor for a new platform. S60v5 is fine for when it was released, graphically not an iPhone OS fighter but gave more functions/versatility/multitasking. S^3 ought to go A LOT further than what I see @ this moment...

Phone
    soon... Acer Liquid
    Network
    I would love an iPhone 4 donation :)
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrucity
    Remember, there was no app store with iphone 2G. The app store kicked in much later after the availability of iphone 3G..
    So yeh, it takes time.
    Remember when iPhone 2G was released there were no App Store´s that worth that name (or at all). NOW you already have a MEGA App Store, Android Market and so on, you can´t expect people to wait for Nokia!

There are BMW/Mercedes with 2.0 Diesel 170 bhp, if a brand released an engine NOW with 2.0 Diesel 70 bhp would you say that, as BMW/Mercedes also had 70 bhp 10 years ago it´s fine that brand have 70 bhp NOW in 2010? Of course not and as such, I think have to expect a new and great OVI STORE from day 1 (N8), not (only) with refurbished i8910/Vivaz/Satio/iPhone games.

Its probably just cos the games are renders and uploaded to youtube that they look choppy. It will be fine in ur hands

Phone
    HTC Desire Z
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcrys View Post
    Those games I´ve seen on "N8" are even slower or at same speed as on my i8910 and for a new 2010 phone they are everything but smooth. All of them run @15fps at most and if they are supposed to be like that they are far from fine.
    You really think those games are already at final stage of optimization? Gamelofts trailer actually included the first prototype running the game.

I hate to say it to you but your i8910 will lose the triangle battle hands down. N8´s gpu is superior in games. I really don´t think i8910 has the triangles to run NFS Shift for example.

Phone
    HTC Desire Z
    Seems like you can already try out n8 in some shops:

http://www.vgooo.com/intro/about/text-108.html

i feel like having enough for every video or post related to the performance of N8 to be started or/and ended with the statement that be reminded, its a prototype or old firmware.

i wonder how much difference it will be, in the final released N8. somehow, i think it wont change much.

i wanna have a N8 asap but i really dont like that they keep saying that its a proto in most of the post.

Phone
    HTC Desire Z
    Chinese retailers site with couple of sample photos:

http://translate.google.com/translat...OKIA%2FN8.html

Trusted Member
    Member of the year 2010

Phone
    Lumia 800, iPad 2, N9 64GB, Iphone 4, Galaxy S, N900
    Quote Originally Posted by btdt View Post
    Seems like you can already try out n8 in some shops:

http://www.vgooo.com/intro/about/text-108.html
    Hopefully i can do the same in verkkokauppa.com soon and get to test it when asked like N900, 5800, N97 etc.

So you have help the device in your hand and used those games?

I expect A LOT more from Nokia. Fine, S^3 might be a breakthru on the background (code) but the overall UI + speed on games (at this moment, I have to add) are extremely poor for a new platform.
    If you have only seen youtube videos of N8 I doubt you can make any 100% correct assumptions of speed of the UI or quality of future games for it. S^3 has been "ready" for maybe couple of weeks, and they are still fixing bugs and optimizing it until the next version. Additionally you don't know when most of the videos have been recorded, what version of FW was used etc. You can however have an educated guess, which you did and decided to see that the glass is half empty.

If EA and others are clever, they are using QT. And if that is the case it's the first version of their games to do that. To me that means "not ready" or "this works, but can work much better later".

Also HW acceleration is something that the game needs to support. If it doesn't the the game uses main CPU and stronger CPU wins.

Phone
    desire, n82, pre plus
    Network
    GLOBUL
    here is that chinese video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUHhJtF0vvE

Trusted Member
    here to serve justice
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SII
    Network
    Etisalat
    Chinese retailers site with couple of sample photos:

http://translate.google.com/translat...OKIA%2FN8.html
    too much noizzeeeee!!! if they can fix the noise problem then it will be a good camera.

Licensed to Flaunt
    Phone
    Nokia N9 <3
    good they actually have new SW on that Chinese video

Phone
    HTC Desire Z
    Quote Originally Posted by **^ramintop^** View Post
    too much noizzeeeee!!! if they can fix the noise problem then it will be a good camera.
    I bet you can fix the noise issue by turning auto iso off and putting on something low.

good they actually have new SW on that Chinese video
    Default browser still seems to suck big time. Luckily Opera is there to help

Trusted Member
    Member of the year 2010

Phone
    Lumia 800, iPad 2, N9 64GB, Iphone 4, Galaxy S, N900
    Quote Originally Posted by chilko View Post
    here is that chinese video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUHhJtF0vvE
    Thanks.
    Is this the same chinese guy who got the old fw? Don't care about the games but the UI speed needs to get better.
    Very happy about the music player UI.

Trusted Member
    Yeah, looked slow.

Phone
    HTC Desire Z
    Quote Originally Posted by tissot View Post
    Thanks.
    Is this the same chinese guy who got the old fw? Don't care about the games but the UI speed needs to get better.
    Very happy about the music player UI.
    Seems to be quire recent firmware. I think the UI speed is decent. Bit more speed wouldn't hurt though.

Licensed to Flaunt
    Phone
    Nokia N9 <3
    Default browser still seems to suck big time. Luckily Opera is there to help
    Well I am still hoping there will be some tweaking coming to browser. It loads pages fine even with heavy flash content but it needs to get better on zooming and moving the content.

Phone
    Nokia 808 Pureview
    Network
    AT&T
    Never saw Chinese character input before. That was pretty neat

Quote Originally Posted by **^ramintop^** View Post
    The noise is very very normal. Most compact cameras show that kind of noise in those lighting conditions. Its because of the high ISO. If they try to fix the noise the will use noise reduction filters and waste all the beautiful details.

So the only way these would have better noise/details is if on the samebig sensor had less Megapixels. But then Stupid people would think ...N8 has only 6Mpixel camera but Satio has 12Mp....so Satio is twice better. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!

Thats why we still get this shit. Because people buy everything with a bigger number.

Phone
    Nokia 808 Pureview
    Network
    AT&T
    Quote Originally Posted by barretlight
    So the only way these would have better noise/details is if on the samebig sensor had less Megapixels. But then Stupid people would think ...N8 has only 6Mpixel camera but Satio has 12Mp....so Satio is twice better. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!

Thats why we still get this shit. Because people buy everything with a bigger number.
    Replace megapixels with megaherz and you have half this forum

Trusted Member
    Doubt that. I don't think anyone on this forum has even heard of megaherz. Is that a German rock band or something?

Phone
    ★.★
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tran
    Replace megapixels with megaherz and you have half this forum
    +1.........
    so much for discretion eh ? heh

Closed Thread
Page 48 of 115 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 98 ... LastLast