lg cookie or nokia e63?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: lg cookie or nokia e63?

Phone
    Milestone, Bold, E8, E72, 1200

lg cookie or nokia e63?

hi guys... christmas is looming around the corner and once again i'm on a hunt for a good mobile...

here are two of my options, the lg kp 500 or cookie and the nokia e63...

both are priced similarly and offer decent features...

what should i buy? the touchscreen lg cookie or the qwerty e63?

i really don't care about features, i just want the "wow" factor... the head-turning experience for a price that won't cut an arm and a leg...

tnx!!!!

Phone
    Lumia 800
    I personally prefer Cookie.

There are some other budget eye-graber phone though. LG KF510, Moto EM30, Samsung U800, SE T700, and Nokia Supernovas. From this list I'll go for LG KF510.

Otherwise, get some Cookie.

Phone
    N97 Mini E75 E71 N95 Luna Zn5
    Network
    AT&T
    +1 for the Cookie.

That much screen real estate coupled with TS, accelerometer, doc. viewer, & a 3.2MP camera at a great price is a good bet.

The E63 is as much as $150.00 more on many sites.

Phone
    tnx for your help guys.... hmmm seems like the cookie is a real bang for buck device...

i have never owned an lg before though...

guys, how about the motorola rokr e8? its a real head turner but i'm a bit skeptical about its longevity...

i mean, will it last for a couple of years of use? this question also applies to the cookie...

tnx guys! really appreciate your feedbacks!

Phone
    Lumia 800
    Motorola is well known for great build quality, perhaps it applies for E8 too. I only familier with 3 LGs: shine, viewty, and kf510. All three of them are good. Cookie should be as great.

ok, you're off my ignore list. mynameis_Kaz's Avatar
    Phone
    HTC Desire
    I can attest that the cookie is a great little phone, it has some very quirky features (quirky = not good, it might be me not realising how things go...as an instance, if someone sends a picture to you, it lands on the internal memory part of 'my images' and not on the external) apart from that its super cool. Forget it big time if you play games on it though. Oh and another thing, budget for a memory stick, it doesn't come with one, Oh yes, get a headphone converter from a third party vendor, it comes with a one piece headset, not allowing you to add your own buds to the port.
    Be careful too, its a darn loud phone, the two shakey games are embarassingly loud, and pretty abysmal.

I.B., therefore I B.S.
    Phone
    Galaxy S2
    Network
    Fido
    Any full touchscreen oriented phone nowadays seems to be attractive nowadays, and from your list, the Cookie does beat the E63 in looks and exterior features... The E63 is too bland at the back, and looks cheap

Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by radeonboy
    too bland at the back, and looks cheap
    seems to be the only downside of the e63 but a great phone over-all... build quality is said to be of great standards and the plastic used is high grade which means its quite durable...

the cookie however, is a bit plasticky (though durable) and im a bit worried about the touchscreen being scratched so easily...

on the e8, the looks are top top shelf, the sq is very good, and it comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack... user reviews only quirk with this device is that it tends to be laggy when it is quite full (memory)....

need more advice here...

tnx for all the responses....

Phone
    N97 Mini E75 E71 N95 Luna Zn5
    Network
    AT&T
    Well if you like the E8, check out the ZN5 as well. I just got one today myself & I am very impressed.

The camera is indeed phenomenal, & the build is top notch that employs metal & glass. Has great sound & 3.5mm headphone jack. UI is easy to use & has Wi-Fi as well.

Check out the abuse this baby can take & still work!!
    http://www.smape.com/en/reviews/moto...rash_test.html

The screen is 2.4in & crystal clear.

All this for around $200.00...

Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileSlider
    Well if you like the E8, check out the ZN5 as well
    well i've been thinking about the zn5 too but the modeshift technology it employs is simpler than that of the e8... keys are mechanical rather than haptic enabled which give it less eye-candy appeal... also missing is the handy scroll wheel...

i guess i'm leaning towards the e8 more... but not final yet as the cookie is a tempting rival....

another question about the cookie: will it be recognized as a mass storage device when hooked up with a pc like nokia phones do? is it gonna able to perform drag and drop function?

tnx for all the comments...

Phone
    ★.★
    Radtech E8 can't vibrate+ring at the same time on receiving a call... keep that in mind.

Phone
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc
    Network
    Three
    I have the Nokia E63 at the moment

The red E63 is flamboyant (eye-catching ) and I have an admission from a friend already who says it's a "cool" phone

Being a Nokia E Series, it has decent build quality, and the S60 User Interface so you have a phone with some brains

Also, it has a proper 3.5mm headphone jack so you can listen to music on whatever headphones you like

ok, you're off my ignore list. mynameis_Kaz's Avatar
    Phone
    HTC Desire
    With regards to scratching on the cookie, it comes with a rather spiffing screen protector, and the funky little hideaway soft tipped stylus, absolutely no problems here at all.

another question about the cookie: will it be recognized as a mass storage device when hooked up with a pc like nokia phones do? is it gonna able to perform drag and drop function?
    The Cookie has an option to use as a phone or use as a mass storage device when you hook it to the PC, or you can set it to ask what you want to do each time you connect. Drag and drop is there for you

Phone
    tnx tnx guys.... hmmm seems like im sold on the lg cookie then..

if i won't love it, then i'll sell it and get myself an e63 and if i still don't love it then i'll sell it and settle with an e8.... tnx guys...

Quote Originally Posted by mynameis_Kaz View Post
    I can attest that the cookie is a great little phone, it has some very quirky features (quirky = not good, it might be me not realising how things go...as an instance, if someone sends a picture to you, it lands on the internal memory part of 'my images' and not on the external) apart from that its super cool. Forget it big time if you play games on it though. Oh and another thing, budget for a memory stick, it doesn't come with one, Oh yes, get a headphone converter from a third party vendor, it comes with a one piece headset, not allowing you to add your own buds to the port.
    Be careful too, its a darn loud phone, the two shakey games are embarassingly loud, and pretty abysmal.
    Since i've just bought my kp500 cookie i stumble upon the horrible quality of the included headphones....while on the phone's speaker the volume is very loud, when i plug the headphones in, all i get is an aweful sound. Very low and bad quality.
    Will this get any better with the 3.5 adapter? Is the volume any louder? Please reply, and thanks in advance!

+ Reply to Thread