LG PC Suite
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LG PC Suite

LG PC Suite

Having upgraded to a new LG KU990 Viewty, with which I am generally satisfied, I am disappointed to find that the packaged phone/PC synchronization software, LG PC Suite, is not supported by Vista.
    I consider this to be a serious omission for a "new generation" mobile phone and I trust LG will provide an update!

Phone
    P1i ,X10, Xperia S
    Maybe the software stocked is old. check LG's web site for an updated version. Vista has been out for some time and its unlikely that they dont have the update.

LG PC Suite

Nothing more satisfying than answering your own problem!
    After re-booting my PC, re-powering up my fone and plugging in the USB cable the PC & fone are suddenly talking to each other!
    HOWEVER, nothing I do will pursuade my bluetooth connection to function. The fone pairs and works fine with fone to fone data transfer and also fone to Parrot hands-free but with fone to PC I get an error message "no Bluetooth devices visible".
    Anyone else have this problem?
    Alyster

Thanks Divoon - as you can see above I sorted the cable connection thing but no joy with my Bluetooth connection.
    Either I'm doing something dumb (my PC Belkin bluetooth device works OK with any other device's PC connection) or for some reason the Belkin doesn't like the LG Bluetooth.

[QUOTE=alyster;713283]Thanks Divoon - as you can see above I sorted the cable connection thing as well as the Bluetooth connection.
    The Bluetooth file transfer is not quite as intuitive as with other phones I use. You first have to enable the "Sync SPP" option in "My Bluetooth Places" then connect from that icon, ensuring that the phone is in the standby screen. All works perfectly now. It's a pity, though, that you can only access files on the data card from your PC.

Phone
    Version 4.1 (8B117) 32GB
    LG PCSuite maybe a prehistoric version of Nokia super advanced PCSuite but it does work in both Vista Ultimate and XP Pro SP2 and SP3 environment which im using in few partitions and PC and notebook

Quote Originally Posted by chokia View Post
    LG PCSuite maybe a prehistoric version of Nokia super advanced PCSuite but it does work in both Vista Ultimate and XP Pro SP2 and SP3 environment which im using in few partitions and PC and notebook
    can you help? far as i know vista doesnt support viewty pc suite. cat get it. any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by alyster View Post
    Having upgraded to a new LG KU990 Viewty, with which I am generally satisfied, I am disappointed to find that the packaged phone/PC synchronization software, LG PC Suite, is not supported by Vista.
    I consider this to be a serious omission for a "new generation" mobile phone and I trust LG will provide an update!
    I know. I just found this out. Are LG doing anything about it? I wrote them looking for help. i ll let you know if theres any progress. Could you likewise?
    Appreciated. thanks.
    Last edited by Robot; 13-07-2008 at 20:49. Reason: double post

+ Reply to Thread