how to install java games in SGH-U700 ???
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to install java games in SGH-U700 ???

Question how to install java games in SGH-U700 ???

I'd like to know how i install java games in Samsung SGH-U700 ??

thanks

u700 and whatnot!

Got my fone today
    Been searching other forums along with this.

Cant find a solid method to install jar /jad games.
    Can someone help me out, thnx in advance

PS: do games for the D600 work fine for the u700 ?
    are they all the same, or do i need to find new games?

Sorry if im asking for alot hahaha

Phone
    HTC Desire
    Network
    Cytamobile-Vodafone
    PS: do games for the D600 work fine for the u700 ?
    I dont think so. D600 java screen size is full QVGA resolution. U700's is 240x297 resolution. Good news is U700 supports 3D games.

Exclamation Java via USB on U700??? HELP!!!!

I`ve just got a samsung u 700 and i would like some help...wanna know is there any way to install java app&games without downloading them from net directly from the phone? HELP HELP HELP ! ! !

Samsung - U700

Hi everybody,
    I got a serious problem with my Samsung SGH U700. It is not having Java support/platform. I tried to install some Java games and application in it but it is giving me message that 'unsupported file format'. Also, it is not downloading any Java games or applications from internet.

Can somobody help me to sort out this problem? How can I install Java platform in my phone? Where I can get assistance to get it solved.
    PLEASE HELP,

Hey,listen,i"ve found something interesting but havent tried it yet!
    Found this on another forum.

First you need the “Qualcomm USB” drivers and “BitPim”. Prepare the USB cable, but dont put it in!

Driver: http://uploaded.to/?id=u8j08i
    BitPim: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitpim

a. Unpack the drivers to a folder (exp. Desktop), but don’t install it!
    b. Install BitPim.

1. You must entering follow code: *#0523#
    2. [9] common >> [6] USB Configuration >> [2] Qualcomm USB[*]
    --> Qualcomm USB Configured.
    Plz Reconnect the Cable.0

3. Now put the USB cable in the phone and Pc.
    --> Windows found a new hardware.
    Install the hardware manual and chose the Qualcommdriver folder.
    Now go to the Hardware manger ->Modems->Qualcomm, you must know the port number.

4. Open “BitPim” and configure the software for your u700.

Phone type: Other CDMA phone
    Com port: *look at step 5*(you can Browse, but chose the right one!)

And press “OK”

5. Start “BitPim”, go to the menu “View” and active “View Filesystem”.

6. Klick on “Filesystem” (left in BitPim).
    Now can you see a blue folder, open the folder (press on “+”).
    --> … retrieving

7. Now put the games (jar and jad files) in the follow folder “Games” (Media->Games).

8. Disconnect the USB cable from the phone.

9. Leave the Qualcomm menu and entering this code in your u700: *#6984125*#
    Now are you in “Admin setting” menu.

a. Select the menu [4] Internals (Master Key: *#9072641*#)
    b. Chose the menu [7] Storage settings
    c. Update media database, Update Java DB and Create AX Dat File.

That it’s!! (You can leave “Admin setting”.)

Important: DON’T delete the games with the mobile phone, you must delete the games with “BitPim”.

Original desciption in german by "DerRichter", samsung-stuff.de, translation by tariq_ch

Tell me does it work?

It works, i tried..
    But if you have 64 bit operating system you cant use qualcomm usb driver. It supports only x86..
    I want to know why we have to download java apps from wap? Why we cant just install via computer?
    I won't buy samsung anymore..

I tryed with USB connection and Samsung PC studio3. It works!! Now I need some links where test JAR game! Do youc have it?
    Italian player enjoy!!

INSTALLARE I GIOCHI SUL U700

-Collegate il vostro SGH-U700 al PC,avviate PC Studio e Gestione file.
    -Create nella videata principale del vostro U700 insieme a Videos etc...,create una nuova cartella nominandola Game.

-All'interno di Game,dovete creare tante cartelle quanti sono i giochi che volete inserire,nominatele (nome del gioco )
    e caricate in ognuna di queste e volta per volta i rispettivi file .jar e .jad.

-Dopo aver caricato tutto in Game,andate alla videata delle cartelle e rinominate la
    cartella Game in Games ,lasciando lo spazio dopo la s di Games.

-Fatto ciò la cartella Games ,a seconda dei casi (è in corso di studio),scompare da PC
    Studio,ma ciò non ha importanza.

-Staccate il cell dal PC e digitate:
    *#6984125*# (appare il Menù segreto)

-Scegliere 4) Internals

-Inserite la Master Key *#9072641*# e confermate.

-Andate a Storage settings e cliccate su Update JAVA DB (il cell vi darà messaggio Aggiornamento).

codici

Samsung U700 Service Menu Codes:
    Admin Pass : *#6984125*#
    Internal Pass (Master Key) : *#9072641*#
    Pre-configuration (Operator code) : *#73561*#

I tried it but i have a problem. When i open blue folder so BitPim write this error: Failed to open communications-11
    11:Could not open port2,'CreateFile','Syst\xe9m nem\xf9\x9ee nal\xe9zt state\xfd file.') . What cani do? Thank you.

Got the same problem as Koren3! Plz help me!! I beg you! And i don´t know what port i should use!
    Last edited by Ghezzotrox; 26-12-2007 at 23:20.

How install the java app or games to U700?

How install the java application or games to U700?
    Last edited by Isus; 16-02-2008 at 17:20.

U700 Gleam - Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by kokan87 View Post
    ~~~

~~~
    When entering this code I do not get any prompts, can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nb123
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kokan87
    ~~~

~~~

When entering this code I do not get any prompts, can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks
    You need in this menu tipe # , and press him untill appear the menus and the 9 menu need to be a COMMON, and the next make what is write in the 1 step.

Plz help at the 6 step BitPim dont found a filesystem at my telefone, but way?

Quote Originally Posted by Isus
    Plz help at the 6 step BitPim dont found a filesystem at my telefone, but way?
    hey Isus
    here what you should do, click on the Icon "Find phone" it will says "No Phone..run Settings" click "Yes" then where you should type the port number there is a button Browse, click on it, you will see above a list of Availuble ports, Select "Qualcomm Diagnostics Interface 3197 (COM7)" then click Ok, try again to browse your File system now

???

Seriously, how can you understand those instructions!?!?
    Please, someone explain step 1 and 2 to me! I can't understand where i'm supposed to enter this code!

How to install Java APPS to Samsung U-700??

Ok, I know how to get games on it, by using the USB thing, but how do I get actual apps on it? Please help!

Doesn't work on L760

i got stuck at step 6.
    Clicking the + shows a "Retrieving..." message but nothing more after that.

Quote Originally Posted by kokan87 View Post
    Hey,listen,i"ve found something interesting but havent tried it yet!
    Found this on another forum.

First you need the “Qualcomm USB” drivers and “BitPim”. Prepare the USB cable, but dont put it in!

a. Unpack the drivers to a folder (exp. Desktop), but don’t install it!
    b. Install BitPim.

2. [9] common >> [6] USB Configuration >> [2] Qualcomm USB[*]
    --> Qualcomm USB Configured.

3. Now put the USB cable in the phone and Pc.
    --> Windows found a new hardware.
    Install the hardware manual and chose the Qualcommdriver folder.
    Now go to the Hardware manger ->Modems->Qualcomm, you must know the port number.

4. Open “BitPim” and configure the software for your u700.

Com port: *look at step 5*(you can Browse, but chose the right one!)

And press “OK”

5. Start “BitPim”, go to the menu “View” and active “View Filesystem”.

6. Klick on “Filesystem” (left in BitPim).
    Now can you see a blue folder, open the folder (press on “+”).
    --> … retrieving

7. Now put the games (jar and jad files) in the follow folder “Games” (Media->Games).

8. Disconnect the USB cable from the phone.

9. Leave the Qualcomm menu and entering this code in your u700: *#6984125*#
    Now are you in “Admin setting” menu.

a. Select the menu [4] Internals (Master Key: *#9072641*#)
    b. Chose the menu [7] Storage settings
    c. Update media database, Update Java DB and Create AX Dat File.

That it’s!! (You can leave “Admin setting”.)

Important: DON’T delete the games with the mobile phone, you must delete the games with “BitPim”.

Original desciption in german by "DerRichter", samsung-stuff.de, translation by tariq_ch

Tell me does it work?
    Last edited by jon888; 20-03-2008 at 05:43. Reason: typo

I got stuck at step 5... I tried everything.. Please help ..

Quote Originally Posted by HyperSuperSonic View Post
    Ok, I know how to get games on it, by using the USB thing, but how do I get actual apps on it? Please help!

On you're phone

Hi everyone! I have been trying to use the instructions here to install games on my SGH-U700. I have the latest firmware, U700XXGI2 and have JAD and JAR files for all the games.

When I try to follow the detailed instructions above, I immediately have problems with step #1 - when I enter the code *#0523#, instead of getting a USB menu, I get this error message:

Press Back Key
    or # key
    TMCommand:1120

I tried skipping that step, and I find that there is no visible folder "media/games" on my phone. I tried both BitPim and Samsung PC Studio 3. I used Studio 3 to try to add a new folder called "games", but it tells me the folder is already present even though it is not displayed in the directory tree (in Win Explorer, I have my settings to show hidden and system files).

The latter part of the instructions seem to work - I can update the databases and such, but it does not seem to work unless I can get the JAD and JAR files into this hidden and inaccessable games folder - I tried putting them under "other files" and it did not detect them when updating the databases.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get access to my games folder??

Many thanks!!

Problem with BitPim

Hi every one! I installed some games with BitPim, but i forget to delete them in that way & i removed games with my phone. now there is no folder called "Games and more" when I open bitpim. HELP PLz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey I tried and everything works for me except that when I copy games in the phone using the bitpim...I disconected the phone as u said but no games was found in the game folder!!!
    But when I go to memory status, in the folder games, the files are here...but the phone cannot play them..Plz help!!!

For those who are having problems with the instruction #1, here is the answer
    after pressing the code *#0523#
    u will get this msg :
    "Press Back Key
    or # key
    TMCommand:1120"
    DO NOT PRESS CONFIRM!!!
    just press "down" button and search for the menu until the option #9 (common) appears..Thats it

For those who are stuck in the option #5
    after opening bitpim, see at the tasbar "top left" corner - "File, edit, data, view..." just click on "view"
    then click on "view system"

Okay..Now if someone can help me I will be grateful to him/her...plz...

Hi!
    I have the same problem with 111111..I installed some games with BitPim, but accidentally deleted one of them with my phone and now the "Games and more" folder has disappeared in BitPim... PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thanks.

hey i cant seem to download the qualcomm usb driver thingy from the website that was posted. can anyone tell me if i can get it at some other websites?

or if possible, those who've tried to install games using samsung pc studio 3.
    is it possible to teach me how to do it?

hey, I was able to install games in my U700 following kokan87's post, thanks man. here's how i do it:
    1. Download the following:
    2. Unpack the driver to a folder in your PC
    3. Install BitPim in your PC
    4. Enter the following code in your phone: *#0523#
    5. Press the back key 5 times or until you find the menu with the "[9] common in it. press [9] common, press [2] USB Configuration, then press [2] Qualcom USB
    Your screen will show
    Qualcomm USB Configured.

6. Connect your phone to the PC using the USB Cable
    7. PC Screen will prompt:
    Windows found a new hardware.
    8. Using the windows installation wizard, Install the qualcomm driver (2 drivers will be installed: The Qualcomm Proprietary USB Modem and Qualcomm Diagnostics Interface)
    9. Go to device manager (for winXP: right click on my computer, click properties, click device manager under the hardware tab, click modem and right click on Qualcomm proprietary USB modem, under the modem tab take note of the port number (com10 in my case) then exit the device manager
    10. Open BitPim and click “detect phone” in the edit menu or the find phone icon, if the phone is not detected, run settings and enter the following

Com port: refer to step 9 or click browse and select Qualcomm Diagnostics Interface 3197
    press “OK”

11. Go back to BitPim, click view filesystem under the view menu, click filesystem in the left window and double click on the blue folder or click on the “+” sign beside the blue folder icon
    12. To install the games go to media=>games. Right click on the games directory and select “make subdirectory”
    13. Type the name of the directory and copy the jar and jad files to this directory. For example in the Tetris game, make a subdirectory entitled tetris and copy the tetris.jar and tetris.jad to this directory. Make a subdirectory for each games
    14. Exit BitPim
    15. In your phone, enter the following code: *#6984125*#
    16. Select the menu [4] Internals (Master Key: *#9072641*#)
    17. Chose the menu [7] Storage settings
    18. Update media database, Update Java DB and Create AX Dat File.
    19. Exit the Admin setting

it works. try it.

when i try to use jad maker to have jad files a message "activex componenet can't creat object" what should i do plz help

Guys, I'm quite lost with this. The instructions are great, but I don't think anyone can understand them if they're not phone experts!

When you say that we should enter '#0523#' in the phone, do you mean that this should be typed into the phone itself, or is there some feature in the BitPim program that let's us do this?
    Could someone please post step-by-step clear instructions with no complicated bits... to be honest, I'm completely retarded when it comes to phones and I won't hide the fact that I'm just plain dumb when it comes to understanding those instructions...

So, if you were going to give those instructions to a 10 year old (which is what my mental capacity is!) how would I be able to make my phone work with Java games and jar/jad files?

Thanks!

Lightbulb

Hi there yall!

First of all, thanks for the great instructions! Games work well in my SGH-L768 when I followed these instructions.

There was a need for a simple instruction, specifically about when to input the codes. Codes are enteret in your "main screen". That is, in that screen where you have your nifty background picture and your teleoperator's logo.

Now then, to my problem... I have been fiddling with my phone and my games happily for four days now. Everything has gone smoothly.

Until now when all of the files in my "My Documents"-folders were deleted!

What I did was: plug in the phone, open BitPim, drag some games into their subfolders, exit BitPim, insert the code, give the masterpassword, update java, media and AX.

Anyone else had a similar problem? Any late grains of wisdom for me?

Edit: Sorry for my spelling, I'm from Finland. :P
    Last edited by longina; 02-01-2009 at 16:15. Reason: Post scriptum

stuck truly. ..

i realise the topic is a little off-beat,,, but by looking at the rest of the thread
    i was hoping there might be someone who could help...

the phone is however the SGH-u700,,, the problem, the Qestion
    , the NEED ,,, is for some kind of on-Screen KEYPAD
    (( 3 of my numeric buttons - unrepairable, don't work ))
    *POS / SIBLE*
    IF SO - ,,, where can i find it,,, more importantly , how do i install it,,,

+ will it integrate itself so that i can use it to change my current APN
    like,,, as currently, I can't even input many of the Handy CODES needed,
    4 reasons other.. .
    final effort on my part.. . - mike

Little problem

Everything went just fine till I wanted to add games... but there is no Games-direction in the Mediafolder! I tried d/ling different versions of BitPim but there was nothing like that... and I tried creating a new folder or something like that but didn't work... is it because I'm XP user or something else because I don't have it? There was one option with <developerneedstoupdate> so dunno... What to do?

Phone
    some phone
    Network
    keeps changing
    are all of u posting above me different people really? doesn't seem so bcoz all of u are junior members with different names and hardly 1 or two posts. WEIRD.

Is not, just many people who all have almost the same problem and no one won't help.

Java on samsung u700

Hello guys.
    I just got a samsung u700 of one of my friends..
    the problem is, that there's not java on it?
    I think the maybe has deleted it?
    Any ideas to, how to can get it on my phone again?.. Can i download it or something...?

Quote Originally Posted by carmelo2000 View Post
    I tryed with USB connection and Samsung PC studio3. It works!! Now I need some links where test JAR game! Do youc have it?
    Italian player enjoy!!

INSTALLARE I GIOCHI SUL U700

-Collegate il vostro SGH-U700 al PC,avviate PC Studio e Gestione file.
    -Create nella videata principale del vostro U700 insieme a Videos etc...,create una nuova cartella nominandola Game.

-All'interno di Game,dovete creare tante cartelle quanti sono i giochi che volete inserire,nominatele (nome del gioco )
    e caricate in ognuna di queste e volta per volta i rispettivi file .jar e .jad.

-Dopo aver caricato tutto in Game,andate alla videata delle cartelle e rinominate la
    cartella Game in Games ,lasciando lo spazio dopo la s di Games.

-Fatto ciò la cartella Games ,a seconda dei casi (è in corso di studio),scompare da PC
    Studio,ma ciò non ha importanza.

-Staccate il cell dal PC e digitate:
    *#6984125*# (appare il Menù segreto)

-Scegliere 4) Internals

-Inserite la Master Key *#9072641*# e confermate.

-Andate a Storage settings e cliccate su Update JAVA DB (il cell vi darà messaggio Aggiornamento).

codici

Samsung U700 Service Menu Codes:
    Admin Pass : *#6984125*#
    Internal Pass (Master Key) : *#9072641*#
    Pre-configuration (Operator code) : *#73561*#
    this works.....yooooohoooo....after many tries....

Quote Originally Posted by flameboy View Post
    Hello guys.
    I just got a samsung u700 of one of my friends..
    the problem is, that there's not java on it?
    I think the maybe has deleted it?
    Any ideas to, how to can get it on my phone again?.. Can i download it or something...?
    if you follow the steps that i post earlier you we'll be able to have java applications and games.....if you don't understant i will try to explain you

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndle View Post
    Is not, just many people who all have almost the same problem and no one won't help.
    look at those steps that o post earlier...that spepts really works

HELP ME!!!

I did everything what I was supposed to do, but when my computer found a new hardware I tried to install it manually like you said I need to do, but there was no "Qualcommdriver folder" or anything. So when I went longer and did all other stuff there, I went to bitpim, but when I clicked the media thing there wasn't any "games" folder !
    HELP ME ! I WANT GAMES TO MY PHONE, BUT I CANT GET THEM IN IT CAUSE THERE'S NO "GAMES" FOLDER PLEASE HELP ME !!!
    please give me some good answers

Samsung sgh J800

HI. i owe samsung sgh J800. how can i install games and themes on my phone. please help..

Regards
    Shilpa

there is no subdirectory in filesystem

hey, there is no subdirectory in filesystem @bitmap browser, how can that? tell me the solution...help!!!help!!!help!!!help!!!thanks lot....

SGH U700 can't used as modem after install Quallcom driver

sgh u700 can't used as modem after install Quallcom driver, i had change the connection with Quallcom, but didn't work...
    anyone can help me...?

+ Reply to Thread