How to save SMS to computer?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to save SMS to computer?

sjinoes

Hey,

I own a s500 and i like to store the sms'es from the phone on my computer.
    So i can clear my inbox memory .
    Is there any program that allows me to do that? I've seen that Easystudio has problems with reading linked sms (on huge sms that has a capacity of up to 12 regular sms). I like to save long sms'es to.
    edit: prefer freeware

Thx in advance

Phone
    Samsung D500
    Network
    Chess/Telenor

Hi!

My apologies if this question has allready been answered (I could not find a simular question in the forum), but I just bought the "data kit" for the D500.

Got the installation cd, USB cable etc.

I've downloaded and saved my pictures and videos from the phone, to my pc.

But I need info about one thing: Is it not possible to download and save SMS' from the phone, onto a pc?? I can't find a single "Import/Export/Save SMS" option in the "EasyStudio" or "File Manager" program.

It's starting to get to me. All the SMS' show up when I plug the cable into the phone, but as soon as the cable is pulled out, the info dissapears from the pc.

Am I being stupid or is there no way to download and save SMS/MMS' from the phone and onto the pc, to save space on the phone?

Thanks alot for your time, I hope someone can answer me!

Regards,
    Jon

Phone
    SE W800i - BLAZR - SE P910i
    Network
    ONE
    Jonstar,
    welcome to the forum...

WHen your cable is plugged in and you see your messages in the Easystudio window,then simply select all and then copy (via ctrl+c or rightclick)...Then go to the computer tab on the bottom left of the window and paste them (ctrl+v)...Then you should have them on your computer and look at them anytime you want (in Easystudio that is )

Good luck...

Phone
    Samsung D500
    Network
    Chess/Telenor

Thumbs up

Thanks alot, I've got the hang of it now!

But I have one more question:

It seems that "EasyStudio" can't read SMS' that over 160 characters long?
    All the SMS' on the phone which are over 160 characters, was shown as "Cannot be displayed (read sms on phone)" in EasyStudio.

Any way to fix this?

Thanks!

-Jon-

Phone
    SE W800i - BLAZR - SE P910i
    Network
    ONE
    Jonstar,
    you're welcome...

About the other problem,I don't know of any way to display those in EasyStudio as well unfortunately...

mattjbrett

Unhappy Samsung z500 Transfer SMS text from phone to PC

I need some software that will allow me to transfer SMS texts from my samsung Z500 to my pc, I need this transfer to allow me to retain the original date and time. I have looked everywhere and had no luck.

Can anyone help?

D600: How to save SMS to computer?

hey everyone,
    i got the d600 for xmas and i love it but im not quite happy yet with the sms. when i connect the phone to the pc and start ps studio and it copies the messages from inbox to the pc. but where on the computer are those messages saved? where can i find them? i wanted to send them to a friend the other day but i had no idea where they were. can you please help me.
    thanks a lot
    nia

Phone
    HTC Desire
    Network
    Cytamobile-Vodafone
    In the left column, you have phonebook, sms, organiser and call records. When u select sms, u will have three options at the bottom: computer, phone ms, phone sim. Click on computer to display the messages stored in pc studio.

yes i know that and it works well. i can see the messages in the inbox, but in which folder on my computer are they saved? is it like a word file or a text file?

Phone
    HTC Desire
    Network
    Cytamobile-Vodafone
    Not sure. There's an export/import feature but i think that's only for the phonebook.

Phone
    D500
    Network
    Vodafone

Lightbulb download sms and mms to pc

i have D500, it is possible to download somehow with a bluetooth donge MMS and SMS that we have in the telephone memory to PC??

e730 - can it transfer sms messages from phone 2 pc?

hi everyone....thats pretty much wat i wanna know...if the mobile can transfer sms messages from the phone to the PC. If it can please let me know. Also if there are any other things that are not good about the phone can u tell me? thanks.

Phone to PC software

Hi,

Is there any software out there that allows for backing up of sms and ems messages from a phone (E530) to a PC?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

@ way2quik748

just wanted to say hi.
    your name is so similar to mine.

anyways, it's a real shame samsung pc studio can't let us store our SMS onto our computer w/o having to use PC Studio to view them.

Phone
    D600
    Network
    Hutch

Saving SMS.

can anybody help how can i save my SMSes to a text file from samsung PC studio??

Copying SMS messages from Samsung E720 with EasyStudio II

I've successfully managed to backup the whole phonebook of my samsung E720 using EasyStudio II. The thing is I cant seem to find a way of copying all of my sms messages to my PC. I can only do them one at a time and it puts the message in a database with no from to to fields just the message itself.

Is there anyway I can copy all the from and sent messages to my PC in one go and have the to and from fields included?

Thanks for your help (I hope I've made sense!)

> Lewis

Amit

Hiii....'
    Iam using Samsung J600...
    I had moved my msgs from my cell to pc...
    But i dont know where it actually saved...
    I was viewing msgs in Samsung pc suite...
    Can any1 tell me where it actually occurs?????
    Plzzzz help me out!!!

Thumbs up Hello!

I have had the EMS problem for over 1 year now, and its been bugging me since, i am a samsung fan and user, atm i have 3: J700, D780 and a X830. I have been using sms a lot, and every time i wanted to save them on the PC, the ones that were longer than 160 got the message: This is an EMS-view on phone or something like that.
    Most of the txt messages i wanted to save were EMS-so i have been trying constantly mobile phones software that manage to see the full text, no luck untill today!!!
    For all of those that have this problem - i have found the solution!
    it is called MOBILedit!I have been able after 1 year, to download and save all the messages from my phones, and they are full text, nothing missing!!!
    I hope this will help!
    Enjoy the usage

I am quite agree with the author that Its really important to take a backup on our handsets.
    But my device is HTC HD2 .I found a software called "GodswMobile Windows Mobile Transfer Suite 1.1",It contains a computer app to Backup and restore SMS and contacts, including sim card contacts and mobile contacts.it is fast to backup ,restore and easy to use!

Guys I too faced the same prob, I was searching for a way to store/ save/ backup SMS in my iPhone w/ its massive 8GB of storage since its slow with more SMS

Try Gingly.com You can store all your SMS/Contacts online for Free without GPRS. I tried it, its pretty cool

+ Reply to Thread