PC Studio 3 Problems
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Studio 3 Problems

mitChill

PC Studio 3 Problems

Hi,

I bought my D600 yesterday and now I'm experiencing some troubles.

I can't connect my phone with the pc via the usb cable. The application from Samsung I installed on my pc keeps saying that my phone is not connected. I put the usb feature on my phone on 'mass storage', but every time I put the cable in my phone, it is changed to 'modem'. I'm using Windows XP.

Can someone help me?! Thx

PS: does someone knows where I can find some movies in 3gp on the net? Thx!

mitChill,

have you installed the usb driver whilst the phone is connected? second option on samsung PC studio 3 cd. i had problems as well, kept trying and finally got it to work.....now struggling to get mp3 that will work on it!!! but loving the phone otherwise!! good luck! rosieloon

Samsung D600 - PC Studio Problems

Hi,

Ive installed PC Studio on my PC and then connected the phone using the USB cable, it wont connect to the phone and all of the features are greyed out.

I also have a D500 which ive connected, that connects but the options are still greyed out.

Not sure why, cant anyone help?

Joanne

Phone
    samsung d600E
    Network
    orange

Exclamation samsung d600 USB connection error

I have had the same problem.
    Every time I connect my phone to the USB it charges but on the samsung program it just says that my phone is not connected. I have installed the USB drive on the samsung disc. It is a shame that i can't get it to work as I really want to put stuff on this phone. If anyone can help i will be happy.
    Thanks

Did you install the USB driver First? and then pc studio after. This is the method I have used and it works no problem. Also try turning the phone off then on whilst connected to the usb cable. Or try using a different usb slot to make the computer re-connect.

Hi, bought my D600 yesterday and now I'm experiencing some troubles. can't connect my phone with the pc via the usb cable. The application from Samsung I installed on my pc keeps saying that my phone is not connected. I put the usb feature on my phone on 'mass storage', but every time I put the cable in my phone, it is changed to 'modem'. I'm using Windows XP. Can someone help me?! Thx
    PS: does someone knows where I can find some movies in 3gp on the net? Thx!
    Read the post above.
    If you set the phone to mass storage do it after you couple the phone to the usb cable it is then accessable as a drive in my computer. when you disconnect the cable or switch off the phonen it automatically resets to modem.
    Most of the 3gp movies I have found on the net are crap quality. Get Imtoo video converter and make your own. Some guides on how to use it on here IF you look. If not post again and I will do one.
    Hope this helps

Phone
    Samsung D600
    Network
    O2 Ireland
    I'm having trouble also trying to connect to pc via usb cable. I have installed the pc studio from the software cd that came with the phone. I installed the usb driver first then the studio, restarted pc... etc etc etc. I have done this at LEAST 7 times... I've tried having the phone both on and off when connecting via usb.... All the time my pc studio states "phone not connected".. Eventhough my phone (in off mode) is charging when connected!!!! This is driving me insane and if ANYONE out there can shed some light on this..... I would be deeply grateful.......

Did you have the phone connected to the cable when you installed the software?
    Have you tried unistalling all the software and starting from scratch.
    1 do not connect phone to computer.
    2 install usb driver
    3 install pc studio
    4 re boot computer
    5 insert usb cable to usb port
    6 connect switched on phone to cable.
    computer should detect new hardware and install correct modem drivers make sure disc is still in drive. you should then be connected.
    BTW have you selected file/connection from the menu list in pc studio and made sure you have selected USB as the connection method?

Phone
    Samsung D600
    Network
    O2 Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by jaspo25
    Did you have the phone connected to the cable when you installed the software?
    Have you tried unistalling all the software and starting from scratch.
    1 do not connect phone to computer.
    2 install usb driver
    3 install pc studio
    4 re boot computer
    5 insert usb cable to usb port
    6 connect switched on phone to cable.
    computer should detect new hardware and install correct modem drivers make sure disc is still in drive. you should then be connected.
    BTW have you selected file/connection from the menu list in pc studio and made sure you have selected USB as the connection method?
    Yes to all the above!! I have uninstalled it several times, rebooted, not had the phone connected etc.... I have installed the usb driver first then the pc studio. Still states that phone not connected!!! There's going to be a d600 shaped hole in my wall shortly!!!

When you connect the phone to the usb cable after installation do you get found new hardware coming up?

USB Connection

Check in control panel you should see the following in Phone and Modem settings.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Samsung Mobile USB modem 1.0 (Attached to com 39, phone is connected on this port, may be a different port number for you) if it says not present then the phone is not connected
    Also in System/Hardware/Device manager.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Samsung Mobile USB modem 1.0
    These should tell you if the drivers are correctly installed and if the phone is connected

Phone
    Samsung D600
    Network
    O2 Ireland
    when my phone is connected to my laptop via usb cable - in the settings for phone and modem it states the samsung is "com 10" not com 39 like yours.... would this make a difference?? In device manager, it's the same as yours..... the modem is there......

Phone
    Samsung D600
    Network
    O2 Ireland
    Ok Ok stop the lights!!! It works!!!!! I just connected the phone to the laptop with usb cable, selected phone studio and it said phone connected!!! I didn't do anything different..... I dunno.... Modern technology eh??! Thanks for your help!!

slickhak

Exclamation what a f**ked up phone

I am having the same problem for a whole f**cking week now. I CAN'T CONNECT IT TO MY PC. I have done everything said above... Going to throw this piece out of the window. UNBELIEVABLE!

Angelsorrow
    I am the same problem with this phone !!!! what can i Do ??

Quote Originally Posted by Angelsorrow
    I am the same problem with this phone !!!! what can i Do ??
    This from another forum:
    "You need to set the phone up before plugging into USB.

Go to Menu / Settings / 2 Phone Settings / 6 USB settings.

I believe you can select mass storage without the software and your computer should see it as a removable drive but with the PC Studio software installed Mine is set as a modem and it works ok.

Once you have selected which USB device you want to use on your phone, Start your PC studio program and plug in your phone. The computer should detect it but you might have to click / file / connect via USB etc.

I.m no expert and still learning my D600 but this is how i got mine working, I hope it helps you."

Phone
    Samsung D-600
    Network
    Mobilink GSM

Question Problem connecting D600 to PC via Bluetooth

Hi,

I am having trouble connecting to my phone using bluetooth. I was able to synchronize via USB.

When I click on the Bluetooth Configuration, the drop down menu under "Select Bluetooth Serial Port" shows only one option, "No Port". The serial port assigned by my laptop is COM42 and when I enter this into the system, I get a dialog box from ConMgr_Setting stating "The parameter is incorrect."

Please help!
    NUK.

buster
    hello there
    i had the same trouble with a d500,just about 2 give up and throw it at the cat then when i pressed the dial button on phone it worked !!!!!

Phone
    D600, D500, E700
    I think the problem is that too many people want to be experts on connectivity overnight. It's easier than it's ever been to connect devices to a computer, and yet so many people have trouble. It clearly said on my cable not to connect the phone before installing the software. I am sure that this caused 90% of the faults above.

Try the following if you did connect the phone before installing software:

1. Unplug your telephone from the USB cable
    2. Unplug the USB cable from your PC.
    3. Reboot PC.
    4. Install the USB driver.
    5. Install EasyStudio.
    6. Replug the cable to a different USB port.
    7. Replug the telephone.

Try to connect now, it should work. If it doesn't, maybe the advanced features is not for you.

Same story here!!!

Hi,

I am also not able to connect...

In my case I am not able to see the Samsung mobile modem in the modem list....

Can any one help

Quote Originally Posted by gabbar
    Hi,

I am also not able to connect...

In my case I am not able to see the Samsung mobile modem in the modem list....

Can any one help
    I don't understand why you need to see the mobile modem if you are tgrying to connect to your PC using the USB cable. When you open PC studio on your PC, select USB as your means of connecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Arandora
    I don't understand why you need to see the mobile modem if you are tgrying to connect to your PC using the USB cable. When you open PC studio on your PC, select USB as your means of connecting.
    Hi Arandora,

I tried to connect the phone to pc via the USB cable, but not able to connect.

Hi Arandora,

I tried to connect the phone to pc via the USB cable, but not able to connect.
    Hi Gabbar,
    Have you tried uninstalling PC Studio from your PC using Add/Remove? If not, do that then follow the procedure set out by "user" about 3 or 4 posts previously. It should work. I was worried when I read about problems people were exeriencing, but I just took my time and used exactly same procedure as "user".Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Arandora
    Hi Gabbar,
    Have you tried uninstalling PC Studio from your PC using Add/Remove? If not, do that then follow the procedure set out by "user" about 3 or 4 posts previously. It should work. I was worried when I read about problems people were exeriencing, but I just took my time and used exactly same procedure as "user".Good luck!
    Did the same, thrice...No Luck...

Did the same, thrice...No Luck...
    Last desperate attempt at help from me, Have you tried downloading PC Studio and installing from Samsung website as opposed to CD?

Received phone 2 days ago and have tried all of this. Still not connected.
    Connected fine using mobilemaster. Just have to make sure that com port selected is the one assigned to the modem device.
    p.s. - i am still interested in getting Samsung PC Studio working using USB!
    Last edited by dsedn1; 03-12-2005 at 15:21.

Question

i dont understand whats that.

i clicked to continue..and now i got this

oh i dont kno what to do..loll i think il click to continue again...

Quote Originally Posted by nephie
    i clicked to continue..and now i got this

oh i dont kno what to do..loll i think il click to continue again...
    Authors of software that runs under Windows are supposed to get their software certified so that users can trust it. If this registration process has not been completed it automatically issues the warning you have received and posted. If it comes from a source that you are unsure of you should abort the download. I received same warning but I assumed that Samsung was a trusted source so continued with the installation. You will be OK. to do so. Don't know why Samsung (and other well known authors of software I have used also) should fail this test.

hey thx!its wroking fine!

Im trying to transfer pics from my pc but it says opperation is not supported..the pics r jpeg ..i tried bmp to but it stil says the same.

Quote Originally Posted by nephie
    hey thx!its wroking fine!

Im trying to transfer pics from my pc but it says opperation is not supported..the pics r jpeg ..i tried bmp to but it stil says the same.
    I've transferred .jpgs, no probem. Which folder are you trying to transfer them to? It should be the Downloaded images folder.
    This what I do:
    1.Open PC Studio on your PC WITHOUT D600 being connected to USB lead yet - should show "not connected" at bottom right of window.
    2. Connect USB lead to your D600 then to your USB hub - should connect and show "SGH - D600 connected" now.
    3. Click on Manage Files icon - should open Phone Explorer window. Ensure "SGH-D600 connected" still shows.
    4. The window on left is split in two. Phone a top, PC at bottom. Click on PC - should show all your folders on your PC.
    5.Browse through the listing until you find the folder containing the images you want to transfer. Click on folder - should transfer its contents to right window.
    6. Highlight the image or images you wan to transfer - should highlight the icon "To Phone" on icons menu at the top.
    7. Click on "to Phone" - should bring up a "Search Folder" window showing the various folders on your D600.
    8. Select Images - should expand to Photos, Downloaded images or Favourite images.
    9. Select which of these you want your selected images to transfer to. Click OK.
    10. Hey Presto, the images should transfer.

Use same procedure to transfer photos back from your D600 except, click on Phone at 4. which will list all your folders on you phone etc..
    Last edited by Arandora; 04-12-2005 at 15:54. Reason: Updating information

mattburgess
    Hiya,

Just bought a D600, which came with the Samsung PC Studio software. Have loaded it onto my pc and have attached the phone to the pc via USB connector cable, however I too am having the same connection problem with all areas being greyed out.

Would love to hear from someone who could help us out!

Cheers

Matt

Phone
    D600
    Have your USB cable plugged into the computer but not the phone.

Try loading up PC Studio.
    Then go to connection manager.
    Then select USB and click connect.
    Then attach the phone and it should find it and say "connected".

Works for me!!!

Unhappy D600, USB, "Phone Error Occured" in PC Studio

I have followed the advice on a number of posts from this forum now, but I still always receive the message "Phone Error Occured" when trying to connect my D600 via USB to PC Studio 3.

I have tried installing the USB driver first and also changing the USB setting to Mass Storage (and every combination of these), only to get the same error. I have tried on two seperate computers also.

Has anyone else had this problem? Could this relate to the phone itself, rather than the computer configuration?

Member Novice
    Phone
    Samsung D600, Motorola V3

D600 Problems with connecting

Whenever i connect my D600, in Samsung PC Studio it dont recognize it.
    I have 2 D600, on 1 D600 eveyrthing works, and on another, nothing...
    both worked until few hours, now just 1 works.
    I tried typing #*536963# , but it wont work even if i type that..

Any help? restarting some fuctions or?
    I got too many contacts in my phone to restart it

Hey mate im havin the same problem and dont no wat 2 do. urs workin yet if so wat did u do?

cheers

Exclamation

Yea, I'm posting threads wherever people can help cuz I too am having a heck of a time connecting my d600. My comp wont recognize and I really need help on what to do. I'm about to go Bizzzzzzzzzerk!

Phone
    D600, S700i
    Network
    o2
    think im having the same problem!! it never appears in my computer!! not sure only just got it so gonna try a few things out!! will post if anything happens!!

Phone
    D600, S700i
    Network
    o2
    on phone settings theres USB settings and changed them!! the phone is now recognised but when i click on it it says "insert into drive e"?? cant get further!!

Phone
    HTC Desire
    Network
    Cytamobile-Vodafone
    I have 2 D600, on 1 D600 eveyrthing works, and on another, nothing...
    both worked until few hours, now just 1 works.
    Restart your pc everytime u switch phones.

GreenLantern011, liamss,
    Best to start all over...
    1- uninstall everything
    2- restart pc and have files ready for installation (i.e. PIM&FM and USB driver)
    3- plug phone&cable to pc, preferably to a usb port that isnt used by any other device
    4- windows should say detected new device, click on device and manually direct windows to install the usb driver. After it's done, it might say detected some other new device, do the same thing and install driver again.
    5- install PIM&File Manager. Go to Setup and select the connection port. It should come online...

Member Novice
    Phone
    Samsung D600, Motorola V3
    Just got back from trip.
    Connected my d600, and DAMN, now everything works.
    everything works like a charm

Phone
    D600, S700i
    Network
    o2
    crasher, all working fine now!!! great!! thanks for that!!

most of my music on my pc is WMA so i was thinking thats the problem why i cant put them onto my phone but even some of the mp3's i have wont even show up on the PC Studio 3...help! please! only way i can get on my phone so far is to be sent songs through bluetooth.

Phone
    D600
    Network
    Vodaphone

Unhappy PC Studio 'G**DAMN' 3

OK, I've done the searches on this site and many others and no joy. So............... someone give me some clues / help.

I've installed PC Studio 3 on my home PC - running XP - and have no probs with it and my D600. I can't however get it to run on my laptop which is using ME. I get the following:

"The LAUNCHER.EXE file is linked to missing export KERNEL32.dll:Process32FirstW."

and

"A device attached to the system is not functioning"

I've completed a full system re-install and downloaded the latest PC Studio from the Samsung site. Would really like to sort this out. Many thanks in advance to those that can, and wish, to help.

Hi guys,

I have exact the same problem as the user above.

Is there anyone who can help us out with this?

Thanks! Jazumi2000

Phone
    D600
    Network
    Vodaphone
    Jaz

You using ME also?

Talking still getting the same error...

have now found a solution to this - i just needed the newest version of software (my fault for not checking).

btw - the link i used was
    http://forums.mobiledia.com/topic39645-0-asc-10.html
    Last edited by dsedn1; 17-01-2006 at 03:07. Reason: found a solution

D600 "Not Connected"??

No matter what I try after loading Samsung PC Studio 3, I can't get D600 to connect with the computer through USB. The lower right side of PC Studio 3 keeps saying "not connected". I've downloaded D600 and D500 files and USB drivers from the samsung UK site that were recommended here and elsewhere, nothing works. I read that there's a 49MB download (not the 29mb or 42mb, etc., downloads at the samsung site that don't work) that can fix PC Studio but that's not available at the Samsung website, does anybody have it somewhere else to download? Do any CD versions of PC Studio 3 actually work?

Even for people who do seem to be able to connect to their computer, everyone seems to have problems moving mp3s, games, photos and videos from phone to computer or vice versa. And these connection and transferring problems happen not only with D600 recently named "best phone in the world" - what a joke, and D500, but also many other if not all Samsung phones.

Why is Samsung so inept, is it really that hard to have software that works? Even if phone and computer do connect, are they trying to make file transfers difficult on purpose, why? Do these kinds of problems happen with every phone manufacturer or just Samsung?

Member Novice
    Phone
    D600
    Generally speaking, the situation is not all that bad as you described. And it's not that hard to get D500/D600 connected to PC via usb or over BT. PC Studio 3 can be downloaded also from samsungmobile.com

First of all, make sure that USB settings in your phone is set to Modem mode instead of usb mass storage. As far as i know, PC Studio can see D600 connected via usb if only modem mode is enabled.

Then, when you connect your phone to PC via usb cable, do you get any message, sound or notification on PC? Does any system event happen?

If everything is right, Samsung modem (or something like this) should be avaiable in Device manager (control panel->system)

I already downloaded that 28-29mb version of Samsung PC Studio 3, after loading the software that came in the UK Samsung D600 box. I've downloaded FA5, FA6, USB driver, etc., nothing works. Not only for me but for tons of people, there's even an online petition for Samsung to fix PC Studio 3, and internet chatter confirms that most if not all online downloads don't work either.

USB setting on phone is in modem, the default mode, also tried mass storage, nothing works.

Sticking USB cable into D600 makes one beep and phone if off says "charging" then "USB charging not available". Nothing ever happens on the computer.

I don't see Samsung D600 in Device Manager modem, and everything is wrong, not right. Nothing works, no connection so no transfer of photos, videos, games, songs, etc., from computer to phone or vice versa, worthless phone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast