PDA

View Full Version : What is with gnusmas?

JensonF1
02-12-2004, 14:22
I personally am I bit fed up of reading the mis-information from this guy, about how Orange have messed up the D500.

"No video recording...less features than the sim-free version...more branding than just the Orange logo on casing...blah blah blah"

He says he has high contacts within Orange...blah...blah...blah

He says he is getting the phone tomorrow, before anyone else. BLAH!

BEWARE of letting this guy sway your opinion. Its clear he works for a rival to Orange, be it a sim-free Samsung dealer or a rival network such as O2. Don't listen to Gnusmas (Samsung spelt backwards)!

mattlee18
02-12-2004, 14:50
He's wot we english call a KNOB JOCKEY

xzibit
02-12-2004, 14:52
Yeah, kinda come to the conclusion that he get his kicks from posting lies on the internet.

gnusmas
02-12-2004, 15:38
Intriguing thread - it's valid though. My thoughts that it'll only be a little longer that I will be able to to justify my comments. Besides, a forum is meant for discussion.

D_G
02-12-2004, 15:55
exactly. its meant for discussion instead of taking cheap jibes at some posters.
the guy didnt offend anyone, not from what i have seen unless he has said something earlier.
Also, from what i have read, samsung oranje seems to be releasing a different version of D500.

mattlee18
02-12-2004, 15:56
listen mate, we've had so many companys telling us its gonna be soon, 29th, 1st, 14th etc and where getting pissed off.If u come on hear thinking u know somthing....just like them companys...where not gonna trust u and your just gonna get abuse because we've heard it all before..but now we have somone to take it out on...you gnusmas...so untill u have a cred source of info we can all read SHUT THE FUCK UP :beer:

mattlee18
02-12-2004, 16:38
i mean the guys advertising tht hes owned a Mars Trium, need i say more :spy:

BrightSpark
02-12-2004, 16:39
from my experience, Orange are one of the very best networks when it comes to not limiting or drastically altering the phones. i think that you will almost certainly find that the Orange d500 will not have any of the limitations mentioned.

silverback
02-12-2004, 18:27
BRIGHT SPARK

"from my experience, Orange are one of the very best networks when it comes to not limiting or drastically altering the phones. i think that you will almost certainly find that the Orange d500 will not have any of the limitations mentioned"

agreed.i have never had a problem with orange and compared to some of my mates horror storys with there networks (o2 voda) im happy to stay with them,BUT when i got my p900 i couldnt get the firmware updates from the sony website because orange had disabled the feature and this was so annoying because the first firmware was buggy to hell and its that exact reason i wont be buying a SE phones again.the p900 was there only high end business user the phone and the bluetooth was a disgrace but it taught me a lesson that you dont always get what you pay for.

Jaz
02-12-2004, 18:45
Orange didn't disable the online update facility. Because they messed with the firmware you were only able to update to Orange approved versions of the firmware online. Therefore, the bugginess of the very first firmware is down to a combination of both SE and Orange.

Spawn_Xe
02-12-2004, 18:58
well i have no respect for people who lie online.. but i dont think he's giving dis-information. If he's being told somthing by someone else then its not his fault that it doesnt happen. People only lie when its to boost thier ego.. like bragging... his info isnt bragging (mostly) its the kinda stuff you hear by word of mouth. Besides.. can't condem a man for spreading hope

I appreciate that ya offering us this info gnusmas.. maybe its just bad luck that none of it pans out. I will say that theres no need to be so final and certain of everything.. when to be honest, you have little more of a clue than the rest of us. Just coz some manager in Orange says the phone is goin somewhere or doesnt have somthing isnt a stone binded inscription.

silverback
02-12-2004, 19:12
JAZ"

"Because they messed with the firmware you were only able to update to Orange approved versions of the firmware online"

and that is the only major gripe i have with orange as then tend to do that alot.

gnusmas
02-12-2004, 19:26
well i have no respect for people who lie online.. but i dont think he's giving dis-information. If he's being told somthing by someone else then its not his fault that it doesnt happen. People only lie when its to boost thier ego.. like bragging... his info isnt bragging (mostly) its the kinda stuff you hear by word of mouth. Besides.. can't condem a man for spreading hope

I appreciate that ya offering us this info gnusmas.. maybe its just bad luck that none of it pans out. I will say that theres no need to be so final and certain of everything.. when to be honest, you have little more of a clue than the rest of us. Just coz some manager in Orange says the phone is goin somewhere or doesnt have somthing isnt a stone binded inscription.

Thank you for your support, Spawn_Xe. Orange ought to release the phone tomorrow - they've started training their representatives on how to use the D500 and it's features since early this week. If they keep to their word, I will have a D500 tomorrow evening, and then I might be able to give final words on the matter. Hopefully others that do get the phone from Orange will be able to back up what I've said, and if not, that's life...

silverback
02-12-2004, 20:01
i just want to know if the bluetooth is good or bad,an that could be a clincher of this phones dominance as i believe the V3 is great with bluetooth and thats what i need :) great bluetooth.

gnusmas
02-12-2004, 23:30
i just want to know if the bluetooth is good or bad,an that could be a clincher of this phones dominance as i believe the V3 is great with bluetooth and thats what i need :) great bluetooth.

That I cannot answer until I try out the BT myself. I should be able to give you a better answer quite soon.

mattlee18
03-12-2004, 00:56
when are u getting the phone gnusmas :confused:

leef78
03-12-2004, 15:10
To be fair it seems the guy got his phone today (d500) and has actually apologised about claiming there is no video record feature for orange, but I thought it was pretty stupid of him to brag about his contacts and being sure there would be no video feature on a phone that is being marketed with video recording as a main feature! hence....

"I'm certain it isn't since I've just been given a 3rd opinion from Orange insiders, and the phone doesn't have video record... " .... "Give until Friday and we'll see who's right."

Hmmmmmmm.......
But like I say hes said sorry about that so bollocks to it.
Orange insiders eh! haaaaaaaaa!

gnusmas
03-12-2004, 15:58
To be fair it seems the guy got his phone today (d500) and has actually apologised about claiming there is no video record feature for orange, but I thought it was pretty stupid of him to brag about his contacts and being sure there would be no video feature on a phone that is being marketed with video recording as a main feature! hence....

"I'm certain it isn't since I've just been given a 3rd opinion from Orange insiders, and the phone doesn't have video record... " .... "Give until Friday and we'll see who's right."

Hmmmmmmm.......
But like I say hes said sorry about that so bollocks to it.
Orange insiders eh! haaaaaaaaa!

I have the D500 - got it this afternoon. Am currently charging it up. I have apologised in another thread about the video recording feature - but I don't mind repeating it again - sorry.

Fortunately I was very much right that Orange did have the phones out today. Will see if I can start a new thread concerning the phone performance.